Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 7 and 8!


December 7 – Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011? (Author: Cali Harris)
the folks that finally actually convinced me to go camping


I've been extremely fortunate this year to connect deeply with a community online and in person. I know everyone's saying it, but this year I got really involved in Twitter, especially the local community, and I've found friends - online and "in real life" {especially happy hour :)} - who are awesome people, that I truly enjoy spending time with. I was also lucky enough to strengthen my immediate community, and spent much of the spring and summer months (as is tradition in Buffalo) with my neighbors. We have amazing people on both sides of us, and most evenings and weekends were spent standing in the driveway drinking wine and grilling Korean food with Sun, Grey, Erin, and watching her dog Brindley play with Brick for hours. Or entire weekend days spent on Matt and Katie's porch drinking "porch beers" with Drew and Christian, watching their dog Jake play with Brick for hours. Or playing bean bags or can jam with Dan and Ashley across our front yards, and Brick just hung out because they have cats. We are literally surrounded by the best kind of people you want to spend time with, and it has truly made me appreciate living in the heart of "the city of good neighbors."


December 8 – Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful. (Author: Karen Walrond)
This one is really hard!!! How do you answer that?? I'll have to come back to this, haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment