Thursday, December 2, 2010

Writing, Day 2

What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?

[I'm going to substitute "creating" for "writing" since I'm more of a visual artist than a writer.] My days mostly consist of work/creating, working on the house, and maybe an hour to unwind/decompress in front of the TV. If I'm home after work. Most nights I am either at meetings, with family, or running errands. So I guess I don't do a ton of "unnecessary stuff" ... that being said, I do have a huge amount of guilt if I HAVEN'T done at least one über productive thing with my day. I micromanage, make lists, and over-plan. So, boring post, there's really not much in my day that doesn't contribute to my life in a way I could eliminate. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. 

2 comments:

  1. Take the time to realize that the mundane tasks that are seemingly chores can also be the most expressive. You are sculpting a life, a family and a home. Art can take on any semblance you make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, this made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete